Since we are always asking you to read the often saddening requests from our applicants, I think it is important to highlight the positive outcomes of these individuals once their grant has been funded. In just the past two days we've gotten ten testimonials from families whose lives you have changed through your generous donations. Here is just a small selection from five of them that will do your soul good when you see just how far your dollars go to make an enormous difference.
- "Thank you so much from me and my kids. You have saved our life. I cant thank you enough for what you have done for us. I am a tough person but I cried for hours when I got the news, I was going to get help. I didn't think anyone cared. I want you to know how much you have changed our lives."
- "Your help literally saved the day for our family. We tried so hard to give our son the help he needed and still take care of ourselves, but we just couldn't manage. I told our son what you had done for us, and he was so eager to pay your kindness forward, that he organized a 'polar plunge' in Minnesota with all pledges going to the local cancer society. He can't participate in the plunge, of course, but just organizing it and helping that way provided a wonderful way to thank all those that helped him."
- "Thanks to you all, I have one less thing to worry about this up coming month. This means so much to me, and I deeply appreciate everything you have done to help me. If it wasn't for people like you, I would still be sitting here worring about what I was going to do."
- "It will make such difference in our lives financialy and emotionaly to no longer have to live with the burden over our heads. There should be more people in the world like you and I know that from this day forward I will try to be one of those people. As soon as we are back on our feet, I have made a promise to myself, that I will fund someone's request for help on Modest Needs so that I can pay this wonderful gift forward and make the same difference in someone else's life."
- "As the snow is falling, and we have made it through a bitterly cold arctic blast, I am waking up to find in my email that some wonderful and generous people have acted quickly and thoughtfully to fund our need for heat assistance this winter. We cannot thank everyone enough for coming through for us in our most desperate hour."
[Image by Jon Ashcroft]