One of the things that makes Modest Needs a unique charity organization is our mission. While many charities focus their efforts on a single cause, for instance cancer research, homelessness or child abuse, Modest Needs assists a wide segment of the population. We aim to aid those who, most of the time, can take care of themselves, but for some reason have found themselves in a financial emergency. The reasons for these emergencies are many and varied. But these individuals do not qualify for government assistance because, until now, they have been completely self-sufficient. Often people in this situation will turn to friends or family for help. Modest Needs applicants have no where else to turn.
Below is a list of the kind of people Modest Needs' donors help on a daily basis. This is just a short list of how your donations, no matter how small, make a huge difference.
- Providing and/or repairing accessibility equipment for the disabled
- People who have had auto accidents
- Those who have started new jobs and need help with bills until first paycheck arrives
- Families burdened by the cost of burying or cremating a loved one
- Assisting those escaping domestic violence
- Imminent loss of housing
- Imminent loss of transportation
- Natural disaster survivors
- Grants for small non-profits surviving others in need
- The medically uninsured
- Single parents
When you give to Modest Needs, you give to people just like you and me. People who are hard working, otherwise independent individuals who risk slipping into a cycle of poverty that can be hard to escape.
Does the plight of natural disaster survivors touch your heart? Would you like a hand in rescuing a battered wife from her abuser? With Modest Needs, you choose where your aid goes. You have a direct hand in changing a life.
[Photo by db Photography]